Compliance | Investigations
Preventive and repressive compliance is another key focus of our practice.
In order to effectively prevent violations of the law, we support larger (listed) companies as well as medium-sized and small companies in the development, implementation and optimization of compliance management systems (CMS) suitable for them.
In addition, we have special expertise in the internal processing of potential compliance violations (Internal Investigations) and in official investigations. We assist companies and board members alike in the event of legal violations or breaches of organizational duties by board members in connection with the establishment, design and maintenance of compliance management systems.
Our field of advice includes in particular
- Advising the management and supervisory bodies on their organisational duties in the establishment, design and maintenance of a compliance management system
- Support in the development, implementation and optimization of compliance management systems (in particular risk analysis, compliance strategy and compliance communication concept, code of conduct, compliance guidelines, compliance training)
- Advising the management and supervisory bodies on their duties with regard to the internal processing of potential compliance violations and official investigations
- Organisation and conduct of internal investigations (in particular fact-finding including forensic data analysis and interviews and legal assessment)
- Assertion and enforcement or defence of claims for liability of executive bodies including insurance law issues (D&O insurance)
- Strategic advice to corporate bodies in connection with compliance incidents, including crisis communication and support in proceedings by supervisory or law enforcement agencies